Sunday 12 July 2009

Dance on the square

Had a loveley time compering at a community dance do at Dalston Hackney yesterday. I was standing in for my old friend Ida Barr .

What a belting market they have there for a start off . Fresh fish , nice materials the lot - proper market - I even spotted some tripe (Black and white ) and elder . Loveley !

All day long at the do - organised by the Barbican (not the non alcholic drink people it turned out ) people danced. Everyone was smiling it was loveley all sorts joined in together young and old and they didnt let the rain stop them . when it got too wet the nice barbican staff wiped the dance floor stage down with towels . (I think there was one that Dame Judi Dench had used).

Loveley very uplifting.

There was a lady called Sylvia who juggled for about three hours non stop . she had a smashing suit on -like a adrk duck egg colour and matching ear rings . I liked her style .

All the best Barbara xxx

No comments: