Wednesday 17 February 2010

ray gosling


I missed the brits last night -which I like to watch -was watching chinese figure skating at the winter olympics -(which I enjoyed ) - so didnt know it was on . I was talking to the women in the bread shop about it and she was telling me about Lady Gagag -who I love- when a man behind me started talikng about Ray Gosling and how he might be in trouble again .


If you dont know Ray Gosling used to be on the telly in the 1960`s . he used to be on programmes were people had a go at people in power . we dont have them any more . It was the days when union people were on the telly a lot . That doesnt happen any more either . any way he was always very entertaining - a bit like Adrian Chiles but not sat down talking to celebrities -out and about with ordinary people . (I like adrian dont get me wrong -but in those days you got out and about )


Any way this man told me that in the 70`s Ray ended up in trouble with the tax man -he owed 5,000 pounds and then it started adding up - fines etc and in the end he was bankrupt .


He recently started doing films again - stuff about pensioners and leicester and Nottingham (hes an east midlander - which i didnt know i thought he was from manchester ) and last week I think it was he was on Inside Out -which I like but I mssed this one because of Auntie Annes legs . Any way Ray said on telly , according to this man, that he had-a long time ago - put a pillow over his boy friends head when he was in hospital dying of aids and killed him .
Well I was really floored by this .
I never knew he was gay -not that it matters I suppose but I didnt .
And also I am now worried about him getting into trouble . I havn`t thought about him in years but when this man mentioned him I realised how much I liked him and his programmes and his point of view . I hope he`s going to be alright . I think he is a man of principle and that`s a good thing .

No comments: